Shut it. It's not about age, it's about skill! I'm Vi, the best explorer the Hive has ever seen! I'm not some random bee!
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Like most bees, her body is primarily yellow with black stripes. Around her neck is a fluffy cream-colored collar and on the end of her abdomen is a black stinger. She also has a pair of translucent wings on her back for limited flight capabilities. What sets her apart from other honeybees is her rather short stature, which often causes others to mistake her for a child.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Vi is loud, sarcastic, arrogant and selfish, having wanted to enter Snakemouth Den at the beginning of the game for her own personal gain. She is also shown to be somewhat cowardly, as when the Spider appears for the first time, she abandons Kabbu. She does however care for her friends and is perfectly capable of tolerating them, even when they end up annoying her. She is also very greedy as shown during many quests, where she often asks for a reward after completion.
Unlike most bees, she isn't snobbish and uptight. She dislikes bees who act as such.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
On the field, Vi is able to hit switches, grab items and attack enemies that are far away using her trusty Beemerang and eventually even carry party members while flying to cross large gaps. This makes her arguably the most useful and flexible party member.
In battle, she acts as the party's long-range support. She is able to hit any enemy from any position using her Beemerang, and is also able to generate a minor healing item at the cost of TP. Using her Beemerang, she can knock down flying enemies so that Kabbu and Leif may hit them with their basic attacks.
Skills learned in Battle[edit | edit source]
- Tornado Toss (starting skill)
- Secret Stash (obtained at rank 2)
- Hurricane Toss (obtained at golden settlement)
- Needle Toss (obtained at rank 11)
- Needle Pincer (obtained at rank 15)
- Heavy Throw (requires Heavy Throw Medal)
- Sharing Stash (obtained once completed Vi's Request)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to Mar, the programmer and animator for the game, Vi is around 16-17 years old.
- Following a similar trend of color-based names, her sister Jaune's name is French for "yellow". Additionally, purple (violet) and yellow are complementary colors in the color wheel.
- According to developers, the correct pronunciation of Vi's name is the one that rhymes with the word "bee".
- According to Tristan, the composer for the game, Vi was supposed to have her own theme with its own sad remix, similarly to Leif. Tristan stated that her theme was mostly based on surf rock tunes, but none of the test samples were deemed interesting enough, so the idea was cut.