Even if they seem like obstacles, we can exploit them for our own benefit.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
Unlike most moths, his head, torso, limbs and abdomen are coloured cyan blue. He has navy blue wings with gold highlights that he uses as a cloak of sorts over his body, as well as a fluffy gold collar around his neck. Like most bugs, he has a pair of black antennae atop his head.
When Leif was alive, he was red instead of blue, and his eyes were a brown color, instead of white.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Leif presents himself as well-mannered and polite, speaking in a royal "We" instead of using "I". He is also known to be knowledgeable and intelligent, as he suggests several means of traversing Snakemouth Den. However, he is also quite blunt and often inconsiderate of the feelings of others, as exemplified in the demo when he suggests to Kina the possibility that her brother, Maki, left her to get some space from her.
Despite this bluntness, he is shown to be loyal to those he trusts, namely Team Snakemouth. He is also seen to have a weak spot towards domesticated bugs like Aphids or even towards smaller characters such as Tanjerin, often calling them "cute". His stoic facade however is known to have a single, gigantic weakness.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Due to strange circumstances surrounding his time in the magic-drenched Snakemouth Den, Leif is able to utilize ice magic.
In the field, Leif can freeze water to form paths and platforms as well as freeze enemies to bounce around and use to solve puzzles. He can also create a shield that protects the party from hazards, and the shield can first strike an enemy in the overworld when they make contact, eventually he also learns to hover by carrying himself (and any other followers if present) on a block of ice, but he only does this to follow Vi when she flies as the party leader.
In battle, Leif acts as the party's mage. He is able to freeze enemies for a short period of time and deals 1 extra damage against plant-like enemies. Upon hitting a frozen enemy, it will deal extra damage. He is also able to increase the damage or defense to the party or decrease enemies' damage or defense. He owns the most move medals in the game.
Skills[edit | edit source]
- Icefall (starting skill)
- Frigid Coffin (learn at rank 6)
- Bubble Shield Lite (learn at chapter 3)
- Bubble Shield (learn at chapter 3)
- Ice Rain (during Leif's Request)
- Cleanse (learn at rank 13)
- Charge Up (requires the Charge Up medal)
- Enfeeble (requires the Enfeeble Medal)
- Empower (requires the Empower medal)
- Break (requires the Break medal)
- Fortify (requires the Fortify medal)
- Charge Up+ (requires the Charge Up+ medal)
- Enfeeble+ (requires the Enfeeble+ medal)
- Empower+ (requires the Empower+ medal)
- Break+ (requires the Break+ medal)
- Fortify+ (requires the Fortify+ medal)
History[edit | edit source]
For a detailed description of Leif's history, see Leif/History.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before the v0.5 round up video, Leif's name was "Moth".
- Leif has the most skill medals in the game, with 10. 5 of them being stronger variants of some of his others.
- An uncommon glitch in the demo occurs when selecting the HP bonus during a rank up before Leif joins. Leif will not share the HP bonus and will be permanently locked out of attaining his maximum possible HP.
- Leif is technically the 10th known sorcerer, being the first one to appear in a long time.
- According to Mar, the programmer and animator for the game, Leif is over 30 years old.
- Leif is afraid of needles.
- Leif did have a kid with Muse, although he is likely unaware of it.
- His first concept had him as a female moth named Cerice.
References[edit | edit source]