I have a promise I must fulfill. And so, I wish to explore.
Kabbu is one of the three protagonists in Bug Fables: The Everlasting Sapling. He is the initial member of the party, and thus the leader of Team Snakemouth. As such it can be argued that he is the main protagonist.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
As he is the only rainbow scarab beetle to appear in the game, it is unknown how many similarities he has to the rest of his species. He is primarily emerald green with a grey torso and large dark green wings that he uses mainly as a cape. On his shoulders are a pair of white pincers and atop his head is a large green horn.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Kabbu is level-headed, chivalrous and brave. As a "Veteran of the North", he is also knowledgeable in combat and survival skills. He is also shown to be extremely loyal to those he cares about, as he traveled all the way to Bugaria to fulfill a promise he made to someone. Despite his good heart and intentions, he is quite talkative to the point where Vi has asked him to stop. Regardless, he is respected by his teammates and is proud of his position as the leader of Team Snakemouth.
Abilities[edit | edit source]
In the field, Kabbu is able to use his horn to hit switches, cut bushes and attack enemies. It was revealed in the v0.6 Quick Update video that he would eventually learn the ability to dig underground to bypass obstacles.
In battle, Kabbu acts as the party's primary attacker, having the highest base HP of any character. He is able to pierce enemy defenses, flip certain enemies to lower their defense and deals 1 extra damage to cold enemies, but is unable to hit flying enemies or enemies at the back. He can taunt foes to target him while an ally recovers or charges up, and ram through all enemies on the ground.
Skills[edit | edit source]
- Taunt (starting skill)
- Pep Talk (Obtained in Chapter 2)
- Dash Through (Obtained in Chapter 3)
- Under Strike (Obtained in Chapter 4)
- Heavy Strike (Obtained at Rank 3)
- Frozen Drill (Obtained at Rank 17)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to v0.5, Kabbu's name was Beetle.
- Initially, Kabbu's species was simply "Beetle". Eventually, it was changed to rainbow scarab beetle when similarities between him and the insect became more apparent.
- In the demo version, Dash Through is named Horn Dash and is learned at Rank 3.
- According to Mar, the programmer and animator for the game, Kabbu is in his early twenties.