Equipping it changes how battles work, mostly making them harder, as the name of the medal implies.
Defeating bosses in Hard Mode will have Artis reward you with a Special Medal, depending on what boss you defeat. However, this doesn't count for the refights, so if you miss it, you'll have to buy the medal from Caravan.
The balancing of the enemies and fights in Bug Fables is allegedly balanced around having the medal on, so taking it off would make the game easier than intended.
List of Changes in Hard ModeEdit
- Most enemies have more HP, sometimes less. This will be shown with a secondary, bold number after the first.
- Most enemies have more ATK. This will be shown with a secondary, bold number after the first.
- Some enemies have more DEF. This will be shown with a secondary, bold number after the first.
- Multi hit enemy attack hit more times.
- Enemies' special abilities that don't use up their turn activate more often.
- Some enemies get new attacks.
- All enemies get +15% resistance to status effects.
- Getting first hit by an enemy will cause each enemy to get a free attack instead of just the front one.
- EXP from battles is increased by 16%, rounded up.
- Item drops from battles are generally more rewarding, and more often.
- Kabbu's main attack, Horn Slice, will only flip enemies upon a successful attack.
|Quick Flea||Spider||A favorite for those who know when to retreat. Makes fleeing a bit easier.|
|Break||Mothiva and Zasp (Chapter 2)||Grants Leif the "Break" skill, which reduces an enemy's defense for 2 turns.|
|Spiky Bod||Venus' Guardian||When blocking, Kabbu will damage enemies that touch him with his horn.|
|Life Stealer||Monsieur Scarlet||Reduces an ally's attack by 1, but their attacks will steal life from enemies.|
|Deep Taunt||Ahoneynation||Kabbu's taunt will now reduce enemies' defense by 1, but will boost their attack by 1.|
|Empower||Heavy Drone B-33||Grant's Leif the "Empower" skill, which boosts an ally's attack for 2 turns.|
|Heavy Throw||Kali||Grants Vi the "Heavy Throw" skill, which can deal high damage to an enemy.|
|Triumph Buzz||Astotheles||After a successful battle, the party recovers 2 HP.|
|Hard Charge||Dune Scorpion||Allows the equipped bug to use the "Hard Charge" skill, which grants maximum charge in exchange for HP.|
|Enfeeble||The Watcher||Grants Leif the "Enfeeble" skill, which reduces an enemy's attack for 2 turns.|
|HP Plus||Cenn and Pisci||Increases an ally's HP by 2.|
|Block Heal||Zommoth||If the equipped ally performs a Super Block, they heal 1 HP|