Defeating bosses in Hard Mode will have Artis reward you with a Special Medal, depending on what boss you defeat. However, this doesn't count for the refights, so if you miss it, you'll have to buy the medal from the Caravan.
According to the developers, Hard Mode was originally designed as the default difficulty.
List of Changes in Hard Mode[edit | edit source]
- Most enemies have more HP, sometimes less.
- Most enemies have more ATK.
- Some enemies have more DEF.
- Multi hit enemy attack hit more times.
- Enemies' special abilities that don't use up their turn activate more often.
- Some enemies get new attacks.
- An enemy's resistance to a status increases by more every time it is inflicted.
- Getting first hit by an enemy will cause each enemy to get a free attack instead of just the front one.
- EXP from battles is increased by 1.15 times.
- Item drops from battles are more often.
- Kabbu's basic attack will only flip enemies upon a successful attack.
Medals Obtained From Artis[edit | edit source]
|Quick Flea||Spider||A favorite for those who know when to retreat. Makes fleeing a bit easier.|
|Break||Zasp and Mothiva (Chapter 2)||Grants Leif the "Break" skill, which reduces an enemy's defense for 2 turns.|
|Spiky Bod||Venus' Guardian||When blocking, Kabbu will damage enemies that touch him with his horn.|
|Life Stealer||Monsieur Scarlet||Reduces an ally's attack by 1, but their attacks will steal life from enemies.|
|Deep Taunt||Ahoneynation||Kabbu's taunt will now reduce enemies' defense by 1, but will boost their attack by 1.|
|Empower||Heavy Drone B-33||Grant's Leif the "Empower" skill, which boosts an ally's attack for 2 turns.|
|Miracle Matter||Broodmother and Wasp King||If the equipped ally falls in battle, they will revive in 2 turns.|
|TP Core||Mother Chomper||The party recovers 2 TP every 2 turns.|
|Heavy Throw||Kali||Grants Vi the "Heavy Throw" skill, which can deal high damage to an enemy.|
|Triumph Buzz||Astotheles||After a successful battle, the party recovers 2 HP.|
|Hard Charge||Dune Scorpion||Allows the equipped bug to use the "Hard Charge" skill, which grants maximum charge in exchange for HP.|
|Enfeeble||The Watcher||Grants Leif the "Enfeeble" skill, which reduces an enemy's attack for 2 turns.|
|Reverse Toxin||The Beast||Being poisoned heals the equipped ally instead. However, it reduces defense by 1 while poisoned.|
|Berry Finder||Riz||Increases berries found after defeating enemies.|
|TP Plus||Zasp and Mothiva (Chapter 6)||Increases the party's TP by 3.|
|Resist All||Primal Weevil||Decreases an ally's chances of receiving bad status effects by 50%.|
|HP Plus||Cenn and Pisci||Increases an ally's HP by 2.|
|Block Heal||Zommoth||If the equipped ally performs a Super Block, they heal 1 HP|
|Antlion Jaws||ULTIMAX Tank||Boosts an ally's basic attack, making them ignore 1 point of enemy defense.|
|Random Start||Carmina||The equipped ally starts the battle with a random status buff/condition.|