Bugaria Outskirts is a lush, mostly peaceful grassland located outside Ant Kingdom City in southern Bugaria. Its landscape is carved out by a river that flows from Snakemouth Den in the west to Bugaria Pier in the east.
Nearby is a leafy haven, where the Ladybug siblings Leby and Dib live. Directly north of their haven is Madeleine's house. After Chapter 1's boss is defeated, the traveling caravan in the middle of town will always have a Spicy Berry, Burly Berry, and Magic Seed in stock.
On the western path, which leads to Snakemouth Den, weak enemies such as Seedlings may be fought. After Chapter 1 is completed, Chuck lets Team Snakemouth rest at his abode. When either Leif's Request is completed or Bee Fly is learned, the northern river may be crossed, leading to the Seedling Haven where the Seedling King is fought for bounty.
By taking the eastern path, tougher variants of Seedlings known as Underlings may be encountered. A raised bridge, leading to the entrance to the Lost Sands, can be lowered after learning Beemerang Halt. To the right of the waterfall, the Cave of Trials can be entered. At the eastern shoreline, the Bugaria Pier is found.
- Main article: Explorers' Association
The Explorers' Association is an organization founded by Queen Elizant II that houses explorers in search of the Everlasting Sapling in the name of the Ant Kingdom, run by Artis and Eetl.
- Main article: Bugaria Pier
At this harbor where sailors and nautical bugs gather, a Pier Stop serves Roasted Berries and Berry Juice. For the price of 300 Berries, a boat may be taken to Metal Island. During Chapter 6, the Submarine replaces the ship at the dock.
Golden Path Tunnel
- Main article: Golden Path Tunnel
Cave of Trials
- Main article: Cave of Trials
- Main article: Seedling Haven
An area where many seedlings grow. It is where the Seedling King can be found.
|HP Plus||Found behind a waterfall east of the association, using the Beemerang.|
|Crystal Berry||Outside Snakemouth Den, behind a bush.|
|Dig spot on top of a rock east of the Explorer's Association.|
|Behind Chuck's house. Reached by smashing a large boulder.|
|In the screen south of the association. Dig spot reached using Vi's fly.|
|Dark Cherries||Dig spot in front of the Explorer's Association.|
|Dig spot on an island in the river.|
- With Bug Me Not! on, after finishing Chapter 2, Team Snakemouth usually has a high enough rank to ignore the Underlings on the way to Lost Sands. They may still have to fight them in the desert though, as more powerful enemies are encountered there.
- The first friendly Venus' Bud is found at the entrance of Lost Sands.
- According to Genow, there was originally going to be a jumping tutorial in the area, but was cut due to not being necessary.